Friday 22 April 2011

At the foot of the cross

Good Friday is a day where we remember Jesus Christ, who died for our sins, and on the cross, He demonstrates His unconditional love to human kind, to everyone of us, to the believers, and to the unbelievers.
As today is the day of the death of Jesus on the cross, let us reflect on His sacrifice for us.

I want to share this song with you all on this special day - "At the foot of the cross"

At the foot of the Cross

At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me your love
Through the judgement you received
And you've won my heart
Yes you've won my heart
Now I can

Chorus:
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death you bore for me
And you've won my heart
Yes you've won my heart
Now I can

Chorus:
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
*************************************************************
After the gym routine, I drove home without taking shower in the gym room cuz I forgot to bring my towel to office this morning. It was around 7.15pm and the traffic was less heavy but still need to queue especially at the cross junction towards the airport.
Long queue at the cross junction
I had this song in my mind out of a sudden and so I sang it to myself.
'Old rugged cross' - This is a very old but beautiful hymn and it is once sang by Elvis Presley a.k.a 猫 王
Let us cherish the old rugged cross and cling to it and exchange it someday for a crown!
Old rugged cross

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
the emblem of suffering and shame;
and I love that old cross where the dearest and best
for a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown.

2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
has a wondrous attraction for me;
for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
to bear it to dark Calvary.
(Refrain)

3. To that old rugged cross I will ever be true,
its shame and reproach gladly bear;
then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
where his glory forever I'll share.
(Refrain)

And... that's me, snapping a picture of myself while singing and queuing at the traffic light. :) (still in my gym t-shirt soaked with sweat :S)

1 comment:

ChrisAu said...

Happy Easter, YYTDH! :)