Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year old post

Peeps, Happy New Year to you all.
I must have missed out a zillion of your exciting posts for the past months.

Same for you dear friends, I have failed to update you guys with the exciting events that have happened during these few months.

Of course the major event happened in November 2011 was the Penang Bridge Half Marathon that I participated for the first time in my whole life!

Previously I have updated in my posts on the training I did over the last few months before the marathon, and I was actually attempting to hit two birdies with one stone.
1. Build stamina for the half marathon
2. Reduce weight and hoping to get rid of 'spare tyre' around my tummy

I think I have done item No.1 quite well. During training, I tried to keep my running pace slow and steady. During the actual day, I also ran with the pace I used in my training. I did not have much problem in running up the bridge and doing a U-turn at the middle of the bridge. It was on my way down from the bridge I had some difficulty in maintaining my pace due to stomach cramp, and followed by tiring feet and aching muscles due to long hours of running, especially on the route towards the finishing point. Gosh, the road was straight, dull and boring. The power bar I bought for RM8 per piece did some help in dragging me towards the finishing line! Yes, I did it. I DID IT!!!!

Thanks to all my friends and blogger friends, who have supported and encouraged me during the trainings. I truly appreciate the advice and cheers given to me. Above all, thanks to God, for providing a fine weather for the morning. It was thunderstorm and lightning on Saturday night at around 10pm and we all thought that this weather would last till the morning but the rain stopped totally before the marathon started. The sky during the early morning was so clear that I could see the moon shinning brightly over our heads as we were running up towards the bridge. Thank God for giving me the perseverance and good health to prepare for this race.

I would like to share with you the running gears I have invested in this run.

ASICS GEL 1150
Yeah... my first pair of Asics running shoes. Started using it for my training for about two weeks before the actual marathon. Love it to the max!!!

My chio digital watch
Why i said it is chio? Cuz it is in apple green colour and I bought it for RM8. Yeah.. .it is 8 ringgit!! I found this gadget at 1st Avenue one week before my marathon. It did a great job in keeping time during my run and most of all, it comes with light up dial function wei.... I could check the time during the early morning when the sun was not up yet. Until today, it is functioning well.

Here is my results I got from the official website for PBIM.
http://www.penangmarathon.gov.my/portal/

Name:TAN SUI YING
Status:Active
Collect Method:Queensbay Mall (12th & 13th Nov 2011)
Category:Half Marathon Women Open
Bib No:E25127
Event Results
17KM CheckPoint:2:33:28.81
ChipTime:3:17:02.29
GunTime:3:18:22.37
Ranking:655/1393
NOT BAD HUH? :P

I almost forgot about Item No. 2!!! Haha... Frankly my weight is not showing any significant change but I am still grateful that it is not going up. Now it is 2012 so one of my new year resolution is to slim down. I am trying on something different for the moment and I shall update you more in future. :P

Let's cheer and welcome this new year with greater hope and greater love!

See ya in the next post!!

7 comments:

johnnie lim said...

Nice Job Ying Ying. Nice running shoes too. Hope this year will find you running more.
Cheers

Hayley said...

Hey there!Happy new year!

Still remember me or not! :P

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...

johnnie, yeah.. i think i will take part again this year. any chance of seeing you there? :)

Hayley, of course remember you... thank you for remembering me :*) happy new year

YT said...

Incredible! I don think I will be able to complete the half marathon. Very proud of u gal!

Keep it up and remember our get chio plans :P

Unknown said...

not bad.. gambateh!! =) Happy New Year!! =D

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...

YT, chio is out theme for the year... ROARRR lol

June, thanks June. Hope you have a great 2012 :)

fufu said...

i need to wear my new nike running shoes!!! hahaha btw happy 2012 :)